Thursday, December 15, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
- Wear comfortable shoes. Forget the heels. choose a loafer or sneaker for walking through the malls and parking lots.
- Dress in layers. I do not know why stores are so hot. I am roasting the minute I get into the store. Ditch the heavy coat for layers. Your arms will thank you.
- Go shopping with a mission. Know what you are there for and have a back up list of items to get if the original item is sold out.
- Eat a good breakfast. The last thing you want is to run out of steam and do not want to wait in the long food court lines.
- Bring some muscle to help you carry the packages. Buy them lunch for their troubles.
- Use a GPS tracking device to help you locate your car. There are several apps you can download.
- Make sure you are parked in a well-lit area and there are a lot of people around.
- Bring the fliers with you so you can show the sales associate the product you are looking for.
So much for my tips. What are yours?
Monday, November 21, 2011
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
When I was a little girl I was always fascinated by space age themed Judys stores. By time I was old enough to shop there, the stores were on the decline. I always wondered what happened to the once successful retail chain.
If you are interest in retail history, this book is for you. It was written by Marcia Israel Curley, the founder of Judys. She takes you on journey from her days in New York to the LA, where she started the Judy's chain.
I really enjoyed this book. It inspires you to reach for your dreams.
I ordered this necklace over a year ago from Survival Of The Hippest . I can't tell you how many compliments and Twitter friends I have made since I started wearing this necklace. Its the perfect conversation piece.
I had to make two changes to the necklace. I swapped out the original diamond for a bigger one and added a thicker chain. I do not well with delicate chains.
If I were to order another one, I would see if I can get it in a brushed gold.
They carry more customs items like: bracelets, anklets ect.....
Great customer service and the prices are very reasonable. Go check them out!